Saturday, January 16, 2010

Punk'd

I've fallen slightly in love with Steampunk. "Ah...What?" I hear you say. Steampunk, according to the internet's most *cough* reputable source, Wikipedia, is a style derived from science fiction and speculative fiction. It incorporates elements of the steam-power eras, mixing them with fantasy and giving them a mechanical yet whimsical look.
Maybe it's my yearning for all things old, or a homage to my father's mechanical tinkering, but I'm a wee bit obsessed with it. And why not with pretty headpieces like this, snatched from a wedding shoot on Green Wedding Shoes:



There's also a huge collection of handmade steampunk pretties on etsy.com. Look at this from Antige's shop:


And this from buildersstudio's shop:


Spare parts have never looked so sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment