Sunday, April 17, 2011

Shop talk



I've been in a bit of a creative hole the past few weeks. That's not to say I havent been able to find my creativity, I'm just finding that it's all a bit all over the shop. Great ideas coming from all around, but no real way to pin anything down and be sure it's going to stick. I started wondering how to break this chain, and how to come up with something magically wonderful - where do those instantateously magic, all-together perfect Great Ideas come from, and how can I nab me one? Then, late one night while screwing around on food blogs doing research for an event proposal, I came across this TED video about creativity.

Now, just so you know, I LOVE TED. Kind of a bit too much. But this video, well I love it more than most TED stuff. Why? Well, apart from giving us an excuse to sit around in coffee shops chatting (because there's always room for another one of those), I think Stephen Johnson aptly and accurately sums up what creativity is all about. It's not really anthing new - in fact you've probably heard all of the 'there's no new ideas, only new ways at looking at things' rants before - but this amalgamation of all those ideas on creativity that we know to be true, that we want to be true, is a new take on an old idea that I happen to really like.

No comments:

Post a Comment